A breast augmentation is a very personal decision that requires a thoughtful approach to the needs and desires of the patient, while respecting the limitations of the techniques that are available. Dr. D’Amore will spend a considerable amount of time with you reviewing these choices and how they apply to your specific goals.
Understanding the variety of choices available for a breast enlargement procedure is extremely important. Let Dr. D’Amore guide you through the process. In the consultations leading up to your procedure Dr. D’Amore will explain everything that you need to know in order to feel comfortable for the entire experience.
At your initial meeting Dr. D’Amore will discuss your options and determine the most appropriate course to safely achieve your desired results.
Breast Implant Options
- Saline Implants – Saltwater Implants
- Silicone Gel Implants
- Highly Cohesive Silicone Gel – Gummybear Implants
- Round or Shaped Implants
- Over or Under The Muscle
- Incision Location
- Smooth or Textured
What to Expect from Your Breast Augmentation Procedure
- A breast augmentation is a surgical procedure. It will usually require about 90 minutes to complete.
- All breast procedures are performed under general anesthesia in an accredited surgical facility. Local anesthesia is used to supplement pain control during the immediate postoperative period. Narcotics and muscle relaxants are prescribe for short term relief in the days following surgery.
- 6 days after your breast augmentation you will see Dr D’Amore for your first follow up visit.
- Additional follow up appointments are arranged on a patient by patient basis, but usually include a 2-3 week recheck, 3-6 month check, and 1 year follow up. Patients are encouraged to follow up yearly, or for any concerns or questions that might arise.
- Most patients can return to light duty work after one week, but additional time may be required for other heavy lifting or combined procedures.
- Vigorous exercise is avoided for a minimum of two weeks. Release to exercise is dependent on postoperative assessments and the planned activity such as yoga versus weight lifting.
Contact Dr. D’Amore to set up your free consultation and learn more about what you need to know before deciding on a breast augmentation.